Oral presenters must register for the congress, as well as make their own hotel and air travel arrangements.
Presenters are kindly requested to upload your presentation in the speaker ready room at least 3 hours before the start of the session.
- Only presentations in MS-PowerPoint 2016 or earlier versions (*.ppt and *.pptx) with a screen ratio of 4:3 will be accepted. Please use horizontal slides and make sure all video clips/fonts are supported.
- Video recommendations: in PowerPoint 2010, we recommend that you use .wmv files while in PowerPoint 2013 and later, .mp4 files are suggested. If you are using PowerPoint 2007 or older versions, please do not forget to upload as well your video files as they cannot be embedded into the presentation.
- You will be required to bring a copy of your presentation to the Congress and upload your presentation via the Speaker Ready Room, Room 202 THREE HOURS prior to the session. Please note that presentations attached to emails cannot be processed.
- If you plan to use your own laptop, please come to the session earlier to ensure the compatibility. Be sure you bring any necessary electrical adaptors and connectors for your laptop. We DO NOT provide any of them.
- During the presentation, the chair of the session will introduce you to the delegates.
- Each presenter is given 7 minutes to present the paper followed by 3-minute open discussion (led by the Session Chair).
- Each session room will be equipped with a laptop (Windows 10, MS-PowerPoint 2016) and a data projector.
- Bring a back-up copy of your presentation to the room is recommended.
- Please arrive at your session room at least 15 minutes before your session starts to meet the moderators and re-confirm your presentation slides.
- The Congress staff will be present at each session room to provide any relevant assistance.
SPEAKER READY ROOM (Room 202, 2F, TICC)
- Speaker ready room will be available every day throughout the congress, where you may check, change or upload your presentation at least 3 hours before the start of the session. If your presentation is arranged at 09:00-10:30, the file should be upload one day before. Our staff, together with you, will take a final look at your material and help you upload it.
- Service hours may be subject to change slightly upon final arrangement.
|Thursday, 29 November 2018||08:00-17:00|
|Friday, 30 November 2018||07:00-17:30|
|Saturday, 1 December 2018||07:00-17:30|
|Sunday, 2 December 2018||07:00-12:00|
Poster presenters must register for the congress, as well as make their own hotel and air travel arrangements.
Presenters are requested to stand by their poster during the Presentation Time.
- Poster measurements (vertical presentation): width 2.5 ft x height 5 ft.
- The presentation number assigned to your poster must be placed in the upper left corner of the poster
- Be sure to include the Abstract Title, Authors’ Names and Affiliations in large letters centered at the top of the poster.
- It is suggested that you use the headings” Background/Aims”, “Method”, “Results” and “Conclusions”, tables and graphics to identify your poster layout.
- Commercial, product, and company logos must NOT be placed on posters or poster boards. However, institutional logos are permitted. Be sure to communicate this if the poster is being prepared for you by someone else.
- To promote your work, you may like to bring handouts for distribution to interested delegates.
- DO NOT MAIL YOUR POSTER(S) to the APSR 2018 Congress but hand carry to the meeting venue.
SETUP AND REMOVAL
- Please note: strict adherence to mounting and removal times is required. Posters not removed by the end of the allocated removal time will be disposed directly without advanced notification.
- All posters should remain on the boards for the entire session time.
TIPS FOR PRESENTATION
- Utilize handouts to supplement your poster.
- Materials must be easily read at a distance of 1 meter. As a rule of thumb, use a font size of at least 20 point and double space.
- Each poster session will feature various topics and has a duration of one and half hour.
- The poster presenter is requested to be at her/his poster during the presentation time.
|Session||Poster Mounting Time||Presentation Time||Poster Removal Time|
|Session I||08:00-10:00, 30 November||11:00-12:30, 30 November||17:30-18:30, 30 November|
|Session II||08:00-10:00, 30 November||14:00-15:30, 30 November||17:30-18:30, 30 November|
|Session III||09:00-11:00, 1 December||11:00-12:30, 1 December||11:00-12:30, 2 December|
|Session III||10:00-12:00, 1 December||14:00-15:30, 1 December||11:00-12:30, 2 December|